Aviyal Kerala-style is the first thing that appears to many people’s thought when it comes to a comfort meal. Today, we are going to tell you instructions on cooking a delicious Aviyal Kerala-style.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to aviyal kerala-style recipe. To cook aviyal kerala-style you only need 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
Firstly, here are the ingridients that you should ready to make Aviyal Kerala-style:
- Prepare 3/4 cup of yam (suran) cut into long and wide strip.
- Get 1/2 cup of raw banana strips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of noolkol / kohlrabi strips.
- Take 1/2 cup of potato strips.
- Get 1/2 cup of carrot strips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beans cut in long strips and 1/2 cup avarakkai.
- Get 1/4 cup of green peas.
- Provide 1/2 cup of raw mango strips.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- Take 1big tsp of jeera / cumin.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 3-4 of green chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Take To taste of Salt.
- Use 5/7 of curry leaves.
After readying the ingridients, now we are set to make our yummy Aviyal Kerala-style:
- I used the cooker here. As I don't have a big traditional kal chatti..
- First add noolkol / kohlrabi in cooker. Add 3/4 cup of water and cook covered(use a plate to cover not cooker lid) on medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes as noolkol takes time to cook.Then add carrot, yam, raw banana and potato..
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, curry leaves and mix well. Cook covered for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are half cooked. Keep checking..
- Then add beans, avvarai, fresh green peas,raw mango and cook covered until it is cooked yet hold their shape. Take care not to cook them to a mush or over cook. If it will become mushy then aviyal will not be good..
- Meanwhile grind coconut, green chillies, jeera adding little water to a coarse paste..
- Now check the vegetables will be almost cooked.Add the grinded coconut mixture along with required salt. Without mixing cook covered(cover with plate don't use cooker lid) for 2 to 3 minutes.I added little water as I don't like too much dry aviyal..
- Mix the coconut mixture gently and remove from flame..
- In a small pan heat coconut oil and add mustard seeds and little hing. After it crackles add it to the Aviyal and mix gently.Then cover it..
- Delicious Aviyal is ready to serve..
No Sadhya meal is ever complete in Kerala Cuisine without Aviyal. What makes the dish unique and special is the adding of curd that imparts a slightly tangy flavor to the dish. Aviyal or Avial is a traditional Kerala side dish of mixed vegetables served with rice. I should say that I'm more comfortable cooking Kerala style non veg dishes than the veg. Avial is an Indian dish with origins in the Kerala region, although it is equally popular in Tamil Nadu and Udupi.
Recipe : Aviyal Kerala-style
being truly a healthful eater requires one to become both educated and smart about what healthy eating happens to be. Being food smart isn’t about learning how to calculate fat or g, or is it about analyzing labels and counting calories.
Healthful eating is all about balanced and moderate ingestion, composed of healthful foods three or more days each day. Healthy eaters eat several diverse kinds of foods, not limiting themselves to one special food type or food category.
Eating healthy necessitates a significant lot of leeway. You might eat too much or inadequate, consume foods that are sometimes less or more nutritionally beneficial. However, you always need to fuel your body and the human brain regularly with enough food to keep your mind and body strong and attentive.
A wholesome eater is really a fantastic problem solver. Healthy eaters have discovered to look after their ingestion using solid conclusion and making prudent decisions. Healthy eaters are always aware of the things they eat, and also understand exactly the result that it will have on their own bodies.
Whenever somebody is not able to take control of their eating, they are also very likely to get out of control with different aspects of life also. They are able to wind up spending a lot, talking too much, going to sleep later and after.
You always need to bear in mind that restricting food in any way is almost always a bad thing. Wholesome eating is a method of life, some thing which you can perform to enhance the body or the way you live. If you’ve thought about making your own life simpler, healthy eating is only the place to get started . Now you ‘ll make life easier for yourself, people around you, and even your family.
After reading this guide, now you are set to be able to cook your first incredible Aviyal Kerala-style and be a part of the minority people that are able to prepare the marvelous Aviyal Kerala-style. If you wish that your families are also able to serve a remarkable Aviyal Kerala-style or even to serve the unforgettable Aviyal Kerala-style for you, dont hestitate to share this page to them.